🌱 Software Engineer - Growth (m/f/d)
We believe in work that everyone in the team enjoys. That's why we’re giving our best to make busy-work and organisational chaos a thing of the past.
With awork we provide the digital workspace teams need to make dreams come true and pave the way for a more joyful world of work. ✨
So with your work at awork, you make life for other teams out there a little bit better every day. 💜
We want to rise high. 💫 We are looking for next level ideas and want to launch innovative projects that no one thought we were brave enough to do. We need a growth mindset, passion, curiosity and enthusiasm.
Our mission is to help and inspire teams to work better and happier together. To grow month by month and make a real difference, we need to convince more and more people that it is worth taking a step towards better teamwork with awork.
To tackle this challenge, YOU come into play: Become the technical 💜 of our growth engine.
Our growth engine team works on identifying new growth potentials across the entire customer journey – from ad-funnel to website to in-product experience. To do so, the team launches tests and implements experiments, coordinated by our Growth Marketing Manager, that help us find opportunities to scale successfully and further drive our “joy of work” mission. You will work together with our interdisciplinary growth engine team consisting of experts from UX Design, Performance Marketing and Growth Marketing. Teamwork makes the dream work! 💪
Most of these growth experiments involve a technical part. As an experienced Growth Engineer, the focus of your daily business is on the operational implementation of these technical projects. You will work in both frontend and backend and with tracking tools, performance marketing tools, analyse data in automated ways and help to identify the best growth hacks for us. You love taking ownership and figuring out how things work.
One thing is to sure: It won’t get boring at awork. We always have a million ideas, love a cool project and have lots of exciting insights waiting to be discovered – and we have the best team too. The only thing missing is someone to take on “Operation Growth”.
What are you waiting for? 😉 👉 We’re looking forward to meeting you!
- TypeScript, Node.js, RxJS 7
- REST APIs
- User tracking
- Campaign tracking
- As part of the growth engine, you will be in charge of the the technical implementation of our experiments and growth projects and finding the best growth hacks.
- You’ll be responsible for technical website adaption, e.g. setting up landingpage testing, develop content widgets and components, and making minor in-product adjustments to our tool awork.
- You are responsible for implementing the tests/experiments and for ensuring that our tests deliver statistically clean results.
- You are able to see how technically complex our projects will be and can therefore prioritize the projects.
- You are able to work independently and find your own solutions.
- You’ll work together in an interdisciplinary team and be involved in planning growth tests.
This is you:
- you love to try out different web technologies and work with APIs to connect and automate workflows
- proactive approach and love to have ownership and responsibility
- able to work independent and autonomous but also like to work in a team to solve problems creatively and effectively
- high sense of quality and a eye for design
- curious, enjoy acquiring new skills and knowledge and find it challenging to apply them to new problems
- good English language skills
- Flexible working hours
- 30 vacation days
- Virtual shares Programm
- Fresh new MacBook Pro also for personal use
- An ambitious, highly professional and fun team (currently 30-40 ppl) and joyful culture
- Stellar office in the heart of Hamburg with plenty amenities (☕️🍺🥳)
- Hybrid by default: 2 office days & remote as flexible option
- Workations are welcome and a common thing among the team
Perks & benefits
@ awork Nice!
Our 4 step hiring flow🚀
Nice to meet you! Following your application, the first step is a 30-minute call aimed at getting to know each other and aligning expectations for the role.
Role related interview
Round two! During this stage, you’ll meet the team lead and possibly some team members, to discuss your career, skills, and ideas. This will also involve revisiting a hands-on task that you completed before.
Meet the founders
The final step! In this stage, you will meet two of our founders and chat about our values, team cluture, the awork environment, and our overall vision.
Receive an offer
Yeah! We’d love to work with you (and hope that you feel the same way about joining us). We'll make a concrete offer that you can, of course, refuse, but shouldn't ;-)