Yay – finally, a new awork update! It was definitely worth the wait because this time, we have especially cool new features for you and your team. Our new features make working in awork even more convenient to support your team in daily processes. We hope that your team will be just as excited about the new features as we are 🙂 .
We’ll introduce you to all the new features from April in this blog post. If you already want to know what you can look forward to next, check out our roadmap. There you can get a foretaste of future updates. But for now, let’s take a look at this month’s new features:
Autopilot for projects
Let’s start with the star of the new update: the autopilot! Once you’ve used this feature, you won’t want to miss it. Autopilot helps you manage your projects. It keeps an eye on the progress of your projects and proactively informs project participants and project managers via email about their to-dos and the progress of the project – all automatically. Pretty nice, isn’t it?
We’ve summarized all the important info about this cool feature for you in a separate blog article.
New briefings via email – thanks to the new update
Which to-dos are coming up this week? Did I complete all tasks last week? What times did I record last month? From now on you don’t have to worry about these questions anymore, because awork takes care of that for you.
What was previously known as “the weekly” and “monthly summary’ and the time recording reminder are now: Weekly Briefing, Weekly Report, and Monthly Report. And the best part: awork creates the new briefings automatically and sends them to you and your team members automatically via email – without any extra effort!
- From now on, every Monday morning, you will receive a weekly briefing about your upcoming tasks and projects. This way, you start the new week perfectly organized, see at a glance what needs to be done and save valuable time in your weekly planning. Nothing stands in the way of a productive week.
- So that you know exactly how productive your week was, you will now receive a weekly report every Friday, in which your recorded times and tasks from the last week are summarized. So you have a great overview of your completed to-dos and start directly with a good feeling into the weekend!
- All good things come in threes: In addition to the weekly briefing and report, you will now also receive a monthly report on your recorded times and tasks on the 1st of the following month. This makes the time-consuming creation of monthly reviews a thing of the past, and you have the progress of the past month in black and white – without any additional effort. Pretty nice, isn’t it?
Of course, you can decide yourself if you want to receive automatic briefings from awork. In the settings for notifications, there is a section called Reports & Briefings. There you can turn briefings on and off at any time and individually set which briefings you want to receive via which channel.
Own workspace URLs (enterprise plan) with the new update
We have also done some spring cleaning in the workspace settings. In addition to the display name and logo, you can now set your own URL for the workspace under Settings/Workspace. This feature is available for users in the Enterprise plan.
In addition, you can now directly choose between the Premium and Enterprise options in the booking process (all information about the plans and prices can be found here). You are already using awork Premium and want to switch to the Enterprise plan or have any questions? Then feel free to contact us at any time.
What else is new?
In addition to these cool features, you can also look forward to the following handy new additions in the new update:
- Settings in projects: Projects now have their own settings page where you can manage board columns (task status), autopilot, and integrations.
- Customer names in tasks and projects: We now show the customer name in many more places, so you know even faster to which customer the task/project belongs to.
- Notes in time tracking entries: From now on, notes in time tracking entries are no longer trimmed when exporting time evaluations to PDF but are displayed in full.
- Separate group for completed tasks: Completed tasks no longer appear in the This week group under My tasks, but in their own group at the bottom called Recently closed.
- Project type display: The type of a project is now displayed in the project details again.
- Password change: You can now change your password directly from your profile in the settings list.
- Number of users in the booking process: following the trial, you can now reduce the number of users before booking.
- Technical spring cleaning: The main front-end frameworks have been updated to the latest versions.